SAO PAULO, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- GOL Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: GOLL4 and NYSE: GOL), (S&P: B, Fitch: B-, Moody's: B3), the largest low-cost and low-fare airline in Latin America, will implement a new mileage accrual model for domestic and international flights as of October 10, 2013. The aim is to further secure the loyalty of passengers with differentiated flight frequencies and consumption standards. The practice is consistent with the world's leading Frequent Flyer Programs and with GOL's strategy of increasing the attractiveness of the product for passengers who are more loyal to the company. The new model favors and rewards those who fly most with and are most loyal to GOL/SMILES, especially the Gold and Diamond categories.
This initiative simplifies the rules for mileage accrual, as the new model makes the calculation of accrued miles per flight easier. In the case of domestic flights, the calculation will be based on the price of the ticket and no longer on flight distance. In order to maintain the attractiveness of promotional fares that already offer price benefits, these will no longer accrue miles. In the previous model, Scheduled and Flexible fares accrued 100% and 125%, respectively, based on the length of the flight.
The Company will continue to use distance to calculate accrued miles on international flights. As of now, passengers will receive at least 5,000 miles on flights to the United States, 3,000 miles on flights to Central America and the Caribbean and 1,000 miles on flights to South America. There is no minimum for code-share flights because the connections are also considered for the purpose of accruing miles.
We will continue to offer different bonuses per category on both domestic and international flights. SMILES Diamond clients will receive a 100% bonus on accrued miles, Gold clients 50% and Silver clients 25%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV