Indeed, the Apple stores are very nice. The nicest stores of any kind. Basically, they're all museums of modern art.
And Apple's customer service is the best in the business. No bones about it. It sure beats all the old places that used to sell Windows PCs, such as Best Buy. (BBY).
But you know what's better than the best customer service in the world? No need for customer service in the first place, that's what.
This is what Google offers with Android and Chrome. Google doesn't need stores for customer service, because their products don't require any customer service. They're so easy to use, and they don't fail. Synchronization is automatic. There is nothing complicated to set up!Look, Apple's hardware is pretty good. It's beautiful stuff, and has great quality -- just like Nokia -- except that Apple just happens to have far more apps, which is the crucial difference. However, when compared to Google, which has just as many apps as Apple, Apple suddenly falls short. The products cost many times more and they're not as easy to use, requiring visits to special stores -- and extra warranties. If these two new iPhone 5 models are all that Apple has, Google will then crush Apple in the coming months. At the time of publication, the author was long GOOG and AAPL,and short MSFT. Follow @antonwahlman This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV