SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IDF 2013 -- At IDF 2013 (Booth 805), Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX) is showcasing the industry's first FPGA-based 80Gbps NIC solution with integrated Traffic Manager (TM) and an implementation of an FPGA connecting to the new Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 processor via the Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) protocol. The technical demonstrations are based on Xilinx's All Programmable devices and SmartCORE™ IP, enabling the development of high-performance computing platforms and data center appliances. These solutions deliver the industry's highest throughput with the lowest latency at very low power consumption, addressing the industry's low power mandate for next generation smarter data centers.
"High-performance, low latency efficient hardware options will continue to draw demand as IT and data center facilities teams struggle with limited resources, increasing costs, explosive network traffic and relentless demand for compute performance from the business and data centers," said Hemant Dhulla, Vice President of Wired Communications at Xilinx. "Xilinx All Programmable solutions are helping organizations find ways to manage demands against ever-growing business and data center constraints."
"Xilinx's All Programmable devices combined with our processors offer a low latency solution for users requiring I/O expansion or application acceleration of their systems," said Stephen Price, General Manager at Intel. "Xilinx's support for these technologies allows us to help customers develop platforms that can manage their IT infrastructure intuitively, with built-in intelligence for the highest optimization and further our capabilities in offering customers better IT and data center solutions that integrate easily into existing infrastructure."About the Demonstrations
- 80Gbps Network Interface Card (NIC) – The Xilinx 80Gbps NIC is a highly integrated platform that is based upon a single All Programmable device which implements a Traffic Manager SmartCORE IP, DMA controller, the PCIe ports, and the two 40G Ethernet ports, replacing two ASSPs for superior throughput, lower BOM cost, and lower power consumption. This single-chip solution highlights a feature rich, highly programmable, traffic manager for optimal network quality of service (QoS) and is ideal for high-bandwidth applications, such as routers and appliances for enterprise network monitoring and security.
- Intel QPI Interface Solution – The Intel QPI Interface solution offers developers a low latency, high-performance FPGA based interface to the latest Intel processors. This demonstration includes a Xilinx® 7 series FPGA communicating with the Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processor via the QPI 1.1 interface. It leverages the Native Loopback hardware and software to validate the data exchange between the FPGA and CPU. The FPGA based QPI interface allows designers to offer application acceleration, scale-up high end servers with Node Controller or extend the reach of the processor with expansion to additional PCIe ports, memory connections and NIC interfaces.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV