RYE, N.Y., Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jarden Corporation ("Jarden" or the "Company") (NYSE: JAH) announced today the closing of its underwritten public offering of 15,000,000 shares of its common stock priced at $47.00 per share. In connection with the offering, Jarden has granted an option to the underwriters for a period of 30 days to purchase up to an additional 2,250,000 shares.
After deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and other estimated offering expenses, the net proceeds of the offering were approximately $678.7 million. If the underwriters' option to purchase additional shares is exercised in full, the aggregate net proceeds to Jarden are expected to be $781.4 million. Jarden intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund a portion of the purchase price and related fees and expenses for the previously announced acquisition of Yankee Candle Investments LLC ("Yankee Candle"). If the acquisition of Yankee Candle is not completed, the Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes.
Barclays Capital Inc. acted as lead book-running manager, and Credit Suisse Securities ( USA) LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc. acted as joint book-running managers for the offering.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or jurisdiction. An effective shelf registration statement relating to these securities has previously been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus and related prospectus supplement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV