FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) today announced certain key operating metrics for August 2013 for its retail and institutional foreign exchange business.
Monthly activities included:
August 2013 Retail Trading Metrics
- Retail customer trading volume (1) of $307 billion in August 2013, 21% lower than July 2013 and 13% higher than August 2012.
- Average retail customer trading volume (1) per day of $14.0 billion in August 2013, 17% lower than July 2013 and 19% higher than August 2012.
- An average of 411,498 retail client trades per day in August 2013, 10% lower than July 2013 and 28% higher than August 2012.
- Tradable accounts (2) of 185,123 as of August 31, 2013, a decrease of 9,396 accounts, or 5% from July 2013, and a decrease of 22,537 accounts, or 11% from August 2012.
August 2013 Institutional Trading Metrics
- Institutional customer trading volume (1) of $210 billion in August 2013, 14% higher than July 2013 and 320% higher than August 2012.
- Average institutional trading volume (1) per day of $9.5 billion in August 2013, 19% higher than July 2013 and 332% higher than August 2012.
- An average of 56,926 institutional client trades per day in August 2013, 29% higher than July 2013 and 861% higher than August 2012.
More information, including historical results for each of the above metrics, can be found on the investor relations page of the Company's corporate web site,
This operating data is preliminary and subject to revision and should not be taken as an indication of the financial performance of FXCM Inc. FXCM undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review previously reported operating data. Any updates to previously reported operating data will be reflected in the historical operating data that can be found on the Investor Relations page of the Company's corporate web site,
Volume that FXCM customers traded in period translated into US dollars.
An account that has sufficient funds to place a trade in accordance with FXCM trading policies.
Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
In addition to historical information, this release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, which reflect FXCM Inc.'s current views with respect to, among other things, its operations and financial performance for the future. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "outlook," "believes," "expects," "potential," "continues," "may," "will," "should," "seeks," "approximately," "predicts," "intends," "plans," "estimates," "anticipates" or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. FXCM Inc. believes these factors include but are not limited to evolving legal and regulatory requirements of the FX industry, the limited operating history of the FX industry, risks related to the protection of its proprietary technology, risks related to its dependence on FX market makers, market conditions and those other risks described under "Risk Factors" in FXCM Inc.'s Annual Report on Form 10-K and other SEC filings, which are accessible on the SEC website at
These factors should not be construed as exhaustive and should be read in conjunction with the other cautionary statements that are included in this presentation and in our SEC filings. FXCM Inc. undertakes no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as required by law.