The KBW Bank Index (I:BKX) rose over 1% to close at 64.16, with all but two of the 24 index components rising for the session.
Shares of Citigroup (C) were up 2% to close at $51.09. Citigroup's shares have returned 29% this year. The strong economic news out of Asia is especially important for the company, which reported that 20% of its second-quarter revenue and 22% of its earnings came from its businesses in Asia.
Goldman's shares have returned 31% this year, following a 43% return during 2012. The shares trade for 1.2 times their reported June 30 tangible book value of $141.62, and for 10.6 times the consensus 2014 earnings estimate of $15.54 a share, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters. The consensus 2015 EPS estimate is $16.05.
Interested in more on Goldman Sachs? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV