Popular, Inc. (NASDAQ:BPOP) announced today that Richard L. Carrión will continue as CEO and Chairman of Popular after participating as a candidate for President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Mr. Carrion said: “My candidacy was an enriching experience and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be part of this process. I congratulate Thomas Bach for his election as new President of the IOC and I wish him the best of luck and lots of success.”
“With this election now behind me, I look forward to continuing our efforts to build on the strengths of our franchise, as well as devoting more time to promoting the economic and social development of the communities we serve.”
Founded in 1893, Popular, Inc. is the leading banking institution by both assets and deposits in Puerto Rico and ranks 36th by assets among U.S. banks. In the United States, Popular has established a community-banking franchise, doing business as Popular Community Bank, providing a broad range of financial services and products with branches in New York, New Jersey, Illinois, Florida and California.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV