NEW YORK, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber Shandwick, one of the world's leading global public relations firms, today announced it has named Cathy Calhoun to the new global role of Chief Client Officer and Sara Gavin as president, North America, effective immediately.
Calhoun, previously Weber Shandwick's president, North America, has been with the firm for 21 years. She is charged with deepening relationships with key clients, across practice areas and geographies. Calhoun reports to Weber Shandwick CEO Andy Polansky.
"Exceptional client service has always been a Weber Shandwick hallmark, and Cathy has been instrumental in building strong relationships with many of our leading clients. She is highly respected for her strong strategic leadership, drive and ability to anticipate and capitalize on the fast-changing business environment," said Polansky. "I'm confident that Cathy will have a significant impact in this vitally important role as we aim to deepen our relationships with valued business partners around the globe."
Gavin, previously president of Weber Shandwick's Minneapolis office, has been with the firm nearly 30 years. In that time she has served key clients across North America as she has built an operation renowned for its expertise in financial services, government, agriculture, consumer work and digital innovation. She will have responsibility for the firm's operations across the U.S. and Canada. She reports to Gail Heimann, president, Weber Shandwick.Said Polansky: "Sara's keen focus on strategically marshaling our firm's talent and resources on behalf of clients, and her strong track record in building a vibrant culture and business environment are qualities she will bring into this expanded role. She embodies the collaborative spirit that binds our teams and sets our firm apart."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV