3 Stocks Pulling The Technology Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) is down $0.13 (-0.6%) to $22.23 on average volume. Thus far, 9.9 million shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $21.91-$22.42 after having opened the day at $22.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.36. Hewlett-Packard Company and its subsidiaries provide products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers, small-and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), and large enterprises, including customers in the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $43.2 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. Shares are up 57.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Hewlett-Packard a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts