1. As of noon trading, Exelon ( EXC) is up $0.33 (1.1%) to $30.58 on light volume. Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $30.23-$30.60 after having opened the day at $30.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.25. Exelon Corporation, a utility services holding company, engages in the energy generation and distribution business in the United States. Exelon has a market cap of $26.0 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Exelon a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Exelon as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Exelon Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the utilities sector could consider Utilities Select Sector SPDR ( XLU) while those bearish on the utilities sector could consider ProShares UltraShort Utilities ( SDP).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts