5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks To Check Out: RGR, GOV, GAS, PTR, ORI
Old Republic International (NYSE: ORI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.20%. Old Republic International Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in underwriting insurance products primarily in the United States and Canada. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.74. The average volume for Old Republic International has been 1,212,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Old Republic International has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the insurance industry. Shares are up 30.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Old Republic International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ORI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 615.38% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 56.93% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ORI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- OLD REPUBLIC INTL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OLD REPUBLIC INTL CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.27 versus -$0.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.70 versus -$0.27).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 672.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$33.90 million to $194.00 million.
- You can view the full Old Republic International Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV