AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. AGL Resources Inc., an energy services holding company, distributes natural gas to residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental customers in Illinois, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Tennessee, and Maryland. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.67. The average volume for AGL Resources has been 520,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. AGL Resources has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 10.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates AGL Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 31.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- AGL RESOURCES INC has improved earnings per share by 46.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AGL RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.31 versus $2.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.68 versus $2.31).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Gas Utilities industry. The net income increased by 44.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $34.00 million to $49.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $311.00 million or 16.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AGL RESOURCES INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.00%.
- You can view the full AGL Resources Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts