Government Properties Income (NYSE: GOV) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.20%. Government Properties Income Trust operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. It primarily owns and leases office buildings that are leased mainly to government tenants. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.19. The average volume for Government Properties Income has been 491,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Government Properties Income has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are unchanged year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Government Properties Income as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GOV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $28.84 million or 24.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 5.35%.
- GOVERNMENT PPTYS INCOME TR has improved earnings per share by 12.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GOVERNMENT PPTYS INCOME TR reported lower earnings of $1.03 versus $1.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.27 versus $1.03).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 27.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11.95 million to $15.20 million.
- You can view the full Government Properties Income Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV