Healthcare Trust of America (NYSE: HTA) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.50%. No company description available. The company has a P/E ratio of 208.80. The average volume for Healthcare Trust of America has been 1,618,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Healthcare Trust of America has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Healthcare Trust of America as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 172.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$19.32 million to $14.03 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HEALTHCARE TRUST OF AMERICA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HEALTHCARE TRUST OF AMERICA reported poor results of -$0.10 versus $0.00 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.13 versus -$0.10).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HEALTHCARE TRUST OF AMERICA underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HEALTHCARE TRUST OF AMERICA is rather low; currently it is at 23.61%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HTA's net profit margin of 18.15% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Healthcare Trust of America Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV