What To Hold: Top 5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: NLY, AGNC, AEC, RPAI, HTA
- AEC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.02 versus -$0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus $0.02).
- The gross profit margin for ASSOCIATED ESTATES RLTY CORP is rather low; currently it is at 19.81%. Regardless of AEC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AEC's net profit margin of 3.58% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 93.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $23.67 million to $1.64 million.
- You can view the full Associated Estates Realty Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts