Best Of The Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: ETP, HMC, SEP
Spectra Energy Partners (NYSE: SEP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.80%. Spectra Energy Partners, LP operates as an investment arm of Spectra Energy Corp. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.19. The average volume for Spectra Energy Partners has been 273,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Spectra Energy Partners has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 35% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Spectra Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $46.90 million to $49.30 million.
- The gross profit margin for SPECTRA ENERGY PARTNERS LP is rather high; currently it is at 62.74%. Regardless of SEP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SEP's net profit margin of 86.64% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SEP's share price has jumped by 30.96%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SPECTRA ENERGY PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SPECTRA ENERGY PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.70 versus $1.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 8.8% in earnings ($1.55 versus $1.70).
- You can view the full Spectra Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts