Randgold Resources Ltd Stock Upgraded (GOLD)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- GOLD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, GOLD has a quick ratio of 2.16, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 39.71% is the gross profit margin for RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GOLD's net profit margin of 20.22% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 26.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD increased its bottom line by earning $4.64 versus $4.07 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 39.6% in earnings ($2.80 versus $4.64).
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 28.34%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 60.31% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp decline over the past year may have been what was needed in order to bring its value into alignment with its fundamentals and others in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts