National Western Life Insurance Stock Downgraded (NWLI)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NWLI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for NATIONAL WESTERN LIFE is rather low; currently it is at 22.25%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NWLI's net profit margin of 14.76% compares favorably to the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts