Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM) ranks as the leading national health insurance company for its programs to help individuals take better control of their health, according to the EveryMove 100 Health Insurance Index.
The EveryMove 100 index evaluated more than 300 health insurance companies to find the top 100 health insurers that are making significant strides in engaging with people to help them take better control of their health as a partner in wellness instead of just acting as a processor of medical claims.
Overall, Humana outperformed all other national insurance companies, ranking fifth out of the 100 companies surveyed. The first four are local or regional insurers.
“We are dedicated to our dream of helping people achieve lifelong well-being by co-creating an individualized approach to health,” said Bruce Broussard, Humana’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We are proud to be recognized as the top national insurer by EveryMove 100, and we look forward to continuing to engage individuals in improving their health and well-being.”The EveryMove 100 index was calculated using more than 50 data elements including social media presence and interactions, mobile investments, website statistics, customer support access and customer satisfaction. EveryMove is a rewards plan for people with active lifestyles. More information on the EveryMove 100 can be found at www.everymove.org. About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV