Trade-Ideas: Colfax Corporation (CFX) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- CFX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.8 million.
- CFX has traded 287,294 shares today.
- CFX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CFX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CFX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CFX: Colfax Corporation, a diversified industrial manufacturing and engineering company, provides gas- and fluid-handling and fabrication technology products and services to commercial and governmental customers worldwide. CFX has a PE ratio of 55.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Colfax Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Colfax Corporation has been 423,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Colfax has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.68 and a short float of 5.8% with 11.33 days to cover. Shares are up 34.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Colfax Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.70, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.26, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 642.85% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 60.46% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CFX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 372.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.37 million to $58.39 million.
- You can view the full Colfax Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.