NEW YORK, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Deal, TheStreet's (NASDAQ:TST) institutional business, today announced details on its eleventh annual forecasting event, The Deal Economy: Predictions & Perspectives for 2014. Held at the New York Stock Exchange on December 5, the invitation-only event will gather some of the most influential members of the deal community for a series of discussions on the key trends and issues confronting dealmakers in 2014. For the first time in the event's history, the live simulcast of these discussions will be available online for free.
"The improving U.S. economy presents opportunities for expansion, along with pitfalls that can trip even the most astute executives. Companies are sitting on mountains of cash and the low cost of debt makes acquisitions tempting. But the uncertain picture overseas, emerging technologies and evolving consumer behavior suggest that companies remain cautious," said Jeffrey Kanige, Editor in Chief of The Deal. "At The Deal Economy, we'll gather the important decision-makers in the dealmaking space to discuss this and answer the critical question of what the best approach is the coming year."
Sessions will include: "Sense of the Markets," a macro view of global dealmaking; "The Misuse of Shareholder Power," a point counterpoint on investor activism and its impact on M&A; "Bigger was better, small is beautiful," a town hall discussion on the relative merits for corporations of bulking up or slimming down through deals; "Liquidity Lowdown," an update on the credit markets; and "Sector Showdown: Auto, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare and Technology," an assessment of the impact of disruptive companies on M&A in different sectors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV