The bar has been raised with the latest Cree, Inc. (Nasdaq: CREE) innovation – the Cree ® TW (TrueWhite ®) Series LED Bulb. The revolutionary bulb emits natural LED light – setting a new standard with a Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 93. Cree is the first company to meet the California Energy Commission (CEC) LED bulb specification. The new TW Series bulb looks like a light bulb, lights like a light bulb and gives consumers another reason to switch to LED. The new Cree bulb is available for $19.97 for the 60-watt replacement.
New Cree TW Series LED Bulb is the first to meet the California Energy Commission quality lighting specification (Photo: Business Wire)
California is yet again leading the nation with a higher standard for energy efficiency – this time it’s across the lighting industry. The introduction of Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL) led to a backlash of consumer dissatisfaction for many reasons, the greatest being its failure to provide Californians a quality lighting alternative to inefficient incandescent technology. New technology, like the new Cree TW Series LED Bulb, offers CA consumers a no-compromise alternative to CFL and incandescents.
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) has long been a proponent for energy-efficient lighting technologies for its customers. SMUD will provide a rebate for the new Cree TW Series LED Bulb. “SMUD sees huge value in reducing the lighting portion of electric bills and is a staunch supporter of the new CA LED Quality lighting standard,” said Elisabeth Brinton, SMUD Chief Customer Officer. “We are thrilled to see the first bulbs reach the market. This technical accomplishment makes a huge contribution to energy efficiency, while benefiting consumers with quality lighting,” said Brinton.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV