St. Regis Hotels & Resorts, part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT), has signed an agreement with Nisantasi Konaklama ve Otel Hizmetleri A.S. (Demsa Group) to open a St. Regis hotel in Istanbul. Set to open in the first half of 2014, The St. Regis Istanbul will mark the debut of the luxury brand in Turkey and extend Starwood’s presence in the country.
“We look forward to a long-term collaboration with Demsa Group starting with the launch of our St. Regis brand in Istanbul, a thriving historical city that is becoming a major player in global travel,” said Michael Wale, President, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Europe, Africa & Middle East. “As a truly cosmopolitan city, Istanbul provides the perfect setting for the bespoke service and refined elegance defined by the legacy of the St. Regis brand.”
“Demsa Group continues to contribute significantly to the increase of the confidence of global brands in Turkey’s economy through initiatives and investments,” said Cengiz Çetindoğan, Chairman, Demsa Group. “For the Maçka hotel project, located in the distinguished Nişantaşi neighbourhood, we want to collaborate with St. Regis, a global brand that has remained committed to high standards and exceptional service for over a century.”
Located in the sophisticated Nişantaşi neighborhood in the Sisli district on the European side of the city, The St. Regis Istanbul will offer easy access to chic boutiques, restaurants and cafes, and important landmarks including the Istanbul Congress Center and Taksim Square. Designed by award-winning Turkish architect Emre Arolat, the new-build hotel will overlook Maçka Park and the Bosphorus. The St. Regis Istanbul will have 118 rooms, of which four suites will feature custom interiors by world-renowned designers, as well as an exceptional presidential suite spanning approximately 2,000 square feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV