There's a high likelihood that Apple will unveil the latest version of its A-series processors, the 64-bit A7, used to run its iDevices. The A7 is reported to be 30% faster than its predecessor, the A6. Apple designs its own chips using intellectual property from ARM Holdings (ARMH).
Apple may also extend the battery life on the iPhone. The iPhone 5 has 8 hours of browsing time on LTE networks, 8 hours of talk time and 10 hours of talk time.
Whatever Apple does indeed announce, it'll likely capture the interest and imagination of the media, consumers, Wall Street and perhaps the world alike. That's "one more thing" worth waiting for.
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in San Francisco>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV