Trade-Ideas: Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) Is Today's Pre-Market Leader Stock
- CLF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.0 million.
- CLF traded 25,075 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:33 AM.
- CLF is up 2.7% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLF: Investor Day Jun 2011: *59% of North America iron ore priced by formula in 2011. Falling to 39% by 2014. *Eastern Canada Iron Ore (CLM acquisition): Phase I of Bloom Lake still ramping up. Expect 4.8mm t production in 2011, and reach full 8mm caapcity in 2012. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Cliffs Natural Resources a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cliffs Natural Resources has been 8.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cliffs Natural has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 2.17 and a short float of 36.9% with 8.26 days to cover. Shares are down 43.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cliffs Natural Resources as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its generally strong cash flow from operations. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 330.66% to $414.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.95%.
- CLF, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 5.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$6.59 versus $11.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.47 versus -$6.59).
- The gross profit margin for CLIFFS NATURAL RESOURCES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.71%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.80% trails that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 43.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $258.00 million to $146.00 million.
- You can view the full Cliffs Natural Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.