SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arrayit Corporation (OTCQB: ARYC) reports that pharmaceutical giant Genentech has purchased Arrayit's patented technology to accelerate drug discovery.
Genentech purchased Arrayit's NanoPrint™ LM60 Microarrayer Platform including a manufacturing robot, printing pins and consumables for $138,000. Genentech's pioneering research using ARYC technology was published in the April 2013 edition of "Current Protocols in Protein Science" by Genentech scientists Dr. Irene Tom, Dr. Nicholas Lewin‐Koh, Dr. Sree R. Ramani and Dr. Lino C. Gonzalez in the Department of Protein Chemistry, Genentech, in South San Francisco, California USA. The scientific publication is available on-line using the link: http://www.currentprotocols.com/WileyCDA/CPUnit/refId-ps2703.html.
Genentech scientists employ Arrayit protein microarray technology to screen protein-protein interactions in a massively parallel manner as a means of speeding the discovery of new protein drugs. Genentech's authors emphasize that "Functional protein microarrays offer the capability for high-throughput protein interaction analysis and have long promised to be a powerful tool for understanding protein interactions at the proteome scale."
Proteins are the molecules encoded by cellular genes, and the approximately 25,000 genes in the human genome encode all of the known proteins in the human body, which is known as the human proteome. Proteins possess significant therapeutic value, as emphasized by Genentech's blockbuster protein drugs Rituxan, Avastin and Herceptin, which have combined annual sales of approximately $7.8B. Genentech was acquired by Roche in 2009 for $46.8B and operates as a member of the Roche Group.List of other Arrayit Corp Customers Government Laboratories Centers for Disease Control Veterans Administration Medical Center SAIC West Point Military Academy Sandia National Laboratory
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV