CARLSBAD, Calif., Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) today announces the Ion AmpliSeq™ Exome Certified Service Provider program, a global organization of some of the world's top service providers that will sequence and analyze human exomes in as little as two days. Sequencing requires just 50 ng of DNA and is very competitively priced, making exome sequencing accessible to any researcher.
Until now, exome sequencing through a service provider has cost $1,000 or more, taken six to eight weeks and required as much as three micrograms of DNA. Using the Ion AmpliSeq™ Exome Kit, the Ion Proton™ Sequencer, and the Ion Reporter™ Software, service providers can sequence two exomes in a single run -- from DNA to results in just two days. This eliminates the need to batch samples just to make the price of exome sequencing affordable.
In addition to being faster and more affordable, the Ion AmpliSeq™ Exome Kit delivers the most uniform sequencing coverage in the industry*, with up to 98 percent of bases covered at 10x, and up to 95 percent of bases covered at 20x, for a single exome.
The Ion AmpliSeq™ Exome Certified Service Provider program includes the institutions below initially, with additional global members to be announced shortly:
- The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Claritas Genomics, Boston, MA
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
- GeneDx, Rockville, MD
- Cedars Sinai Genomics Core, Los Angeles, CA
- Selah Genomics, Greenville, SC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV