Invensas Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor technology solutions and wholly owned subsidiary of Tessera Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: TSRA), will demonstrate recent advancements and customer applications in Multi-Die Face-Down (xFD TM) products, Bond Via Array (BVA TM) mobile solutions, and 3DIC technologies at the Intel Developer Forum (IDF), Moscone Center West, San Francisco, Sept. 10-12, 2013.
To be exhibited:
- xFD: the company’s latest design wins and product implementations, including tablet and Ultrabook TM solutions from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. featuring SK hynix DRAM memory, Dell Inc. notebooks fabricated by Compal Electronics, Inc., and Intel Xeon-based servers featuring advanced Registered Dual Inline Memory Modules (R-DIMMs). xFD technology connects memory chips in an upside-down shingle-stack configuration, and then interconnects them with ultra-short wire-bonds. The solution significantly reduces component size, increases product bandwidth, speed and power performance, and reduces total system cost by up to 50%.
- BVA: an ultra-high bandwidth Package-on-Package (PoP) solution, brought to high volume market readiness in collaboration with Universal Instruments Corporation (UIC), Kulicke & Soffa Industries, Inc. (K&S), and Celestica Inc., all leaders in their respective industries. BVA technology connects Mobile System on Chip (SOC) processors with their associated mobile memory chips, and delivers significantly greater bandwidth (up to 5 times that of competing solutions), and reduces battery drain, while using existing manufacturing infrastructure.
- 3DIC: novel silicon interposer and 3DIC product demonstrators with Through Silicon Via (TSV) interconnection. Invensas develops pioneering 2.5D and 3D solutions, including fine pitch interposers, advanced TSV plating solutions, and cost optimized process technologies for next generation memory, mobile logic, and sensor products.
Invensas will display the technology in its Booth #231 at the 2013 IDF. More details on Invensas xFD, BVA and 3D solutions can be found at www.invensas.com.
Safe Harbor StatementThis press release contains forward-looking statements, which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ significantly from those projected, particularly with respect to the features, characteristics and benefits of Invensas products and technology, the participation by Invensas at the Intel Developer Forum and the subject matter of the presentations by Invensas at the forum. Material factors that may cause results to differ from the statements made include the plans or operations relating to the businesses; market or industry conditions of Tessera Technologies, Inc. (the “Company”); changes in patent laws, regulation or enforcement, or other factors that might affect the Company's ability to protect or realize the value of its intellectual property; the expiration of license agreements and the cessation of related royalty income; the failure, inability or refusal of licensees to pay royalties; initiation, delays, setbacks or losses relating to the Company's intellectual property or intellectual property litigations, or invalidation or limitation of key patents; the timing and results, which are not predictable and may vary in any individual proceeding, of any ICC ruling or award, including in the Amkor arbitration; fluctuations in operating results due to the timing of new license agreements and royalties, or due to legal costs; the risk of a decline in demand for semiconductor and camera module products; failure by the industry to use technologies covered by the Company's patents; the expiration of the Company's patents; the Company's ability to successfully complete and integrate acquisitions of businesses; the risk of loss of, or decreases in production orders from, customers of acquired businesses; financial and regulatory risks associated with the international nature of the Company's businesses; failure of the Company's products to achieve technological feasibility or profitability; failure to successfully commercialize the Company's products; changes in demand for the products of the Company's customers; limited opportunities to license technologies and sell products due to high concentration in the markets for semiconductors and related products and camera modules; the impact of competing technologies on the demand for the Company's technologies and products; and the reliance on a limited number of suppliers for the components used in the manufacture of DOC products. You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. The Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended Dec. 31, 2012, and its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013, include more information about factors that could affect the Company's financial results. The Company assumes no obligation to update information contained in this press release. Although this release may remain available on the Company's website or elsewhere, its continued availability does not indicate that the Company is reaffirming or confirming any of the information contained herein.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV