ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq: MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, announced it has released a new version of its CodeSEAL™ defense-grade software protection platform, providing significant enhancements to the performance, security, and ease of tamper-prevention and reverse-engineering protection development.
With the latest release of Microsemi's state-of-the-art CodeSEAL, critical software algorithms can be protected against the most sophisticated attackers significantly faster and more securely than previous generation solutions. CodeSEAL enhancements include:
- New software protection mechanisms to detect and react to the latest dynamic attacks;
- Enhanced issue/error system providing immediate feedback for developers actively changing their unprotected software while developing a protection using the CodeSEAL Protection Development Environment;
- Workflow enhancements to simplify protections for complex software with many source/object files;
- Significantly decreased protection build times with enhancements to the protection insertion engine; and
- Ease-of-use enhancements to the disassembly and source views.
"Microsemi has been developing leading-edge software protection products for over a decade, providing value and security for the most critical United States government and Department of Defense systems and data," said Charlie Leader, vice president at Microsemi. "With each new software release we provide a significantly higher security level for our customers' codes, which allows them to meet stringent requirements with considerably less effort using a highly secure, proven solution."About CodeSEALCodeSEAL consists of a library of software protection mechanisms that can be inserted into desktop and embedded software applications using a sophisticated code insertion engine. Through a simple, drag-and-drop interface, CodeSEAL users can quickly augment insecure applications with protection mechanisms that fortify deployed applications against software reverse engineering vulnerabilities, debugging, tampering and code-lifting attacks. Each CodeSEAL protection mechanism can be configured to address application-specific performance and security requirements. CodeSEAL was built using over a decade of software protection development experience. Protection mechanisms found in CodeSEAL are designed for flexibility in speed and security and can now be inserted many times faster than previous versions. Compatible with many desktop and embedded processor architectures and operating systems, CodeSEAL is a low risk way of adding security to many software applications without compromising on performance while minimally impacting customers' development schedules. This and other Microsemi cryptography, software, and hardware products including WhiteboxCRYPTO™ and EnforcIT™ are built in the U.S. in one of Microsemi's trusted facilities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts