9. -- American Airlines (AAMRQ) and US Airways (LCC), whose proposed merger is being delayed by a Justice Department antitrust complaint that is set to go to trial Nov. 25, on Tuesday told AMR creditors they plan to ask their respective boards to extend the merger termination date beyond its current Dec. 17 expiration, two people familiar with the matter told the Journal.
10. -- Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer won the Democratic primary for New York City comptroller Tuesday night, ending disgraced ex-Gov. Eliot Spitzer's surprise bid to reclaim his political career.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts