TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2013 /CNW/ - Alacer Gold Corp. ( "Alacer" or the "Corporation") [TSX: ASR and ASX: AQG] announced today that the Board of Directors (the " Board") has appointed Richard P. Graff as interim Chairman of the Board. Timothy J. Haddon and Rohan I. Williams have each resigned from the Board, effective immediately.
As part of Alacer's new corporate strategy to focus on Turkey in the near-term and the surrounding region in the medium to long-term, the Board is seeking to recruit new independent directors to join the Corporation's Board. The Board will engage an independent third party to assist with the director recruitment and evaluation process.
Mr. Richard P. Graff, Chairman of the Board, commented, "On behalf of the Board and Alacer's shareholders and employees, I would like to thank Rohan for his contributions to Alacer as a former member of senior management and most recently as a Non-Executive Director of the Corporation. We wish Rohan the best of luck in his future endeavors."
Mr. Antal, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Alacer, and before Alacer was formed, Anatolia, have been very fortunate to have had the benefit of Tim Haddon's experience, mining expertise and leadership over the last fifteen years. Tim has been an integral part of the team that delivered the Çöpler Mine, one of the best mine start-ups during the last five years and one of the best mining assets anywhere in the world. On behalf of the Board and Alacer's shareholders, I would like to thank Tim for his service as Chairman of the Board and a Non-Executive Director of the Corporation. We wish Tim all the best."About Alacer Alacer Gold Corp. is a leading intermediate gold mining company with interests in multiple mines which provide ore to three processing facilities in Australia and Turkey:
- 80% interest in the Çöpler Gold Mine;
- 100% interest in the Higginsville Gold Operations; and
- 100% interest in the South Kalgoorlie Gold Operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV