GSMA Announces Call For Entries For 19th Annual Global Mobile Awards
LONDON, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The GSMA today announced that the Global Mobile Awards 2014 are now open for entry. The awards, which honour excellence and innovation across the mobile industry, will be open for entry until Friday, 29 th November 2013, with the winners announced at the GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Tuesday, 25 th February 2014.
"The Global Mobile Awards recognise the world's leading mobile devices, services, apps and technologies and this year, with a host of diverse categories reflecting the latest mobile trends, growth sectors and opportunities, we expect the competition to be even stronger than ever," said Michael O'Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. "Arguably the most established and respected awards programme in mobile, the Global Mobile Awards at Mobile World Congress offer an outstanding platform to spotlight the innovation that drives our industry."
The Global Mobile Awards for 2014 be presented in the following categories:
- The Connected Life Awards
- Best Mobile Services
- Social & Economic Development
- Apps of the Year
- Best Mobile Handsets & Devices
- Best Mobile Technology
- Government Leadership Awards
- Outstanding Achievement Award
The GSMA has introduced key enhancements to the 2014 awards and in total, 38 awards will be presented over the eight categories, with six new awards to showcase evolving trends across the mobile ecosystem. Among the developments for 2014, the 'Best Mobile Handset and Devices' category will now have two smartphone awards, the first for high-end smartphones and a new award for sub- $150 (wholesale) smartphones, reflecting the rapid growth of the smartphone market overall and recognising the positive impact of affordable devices.The GSMA has also enhanced the 'Best Mobile Technology' category with the introduction of two new awards, including the 'Best Solution for Growing Smaller or Independent Networks', which will recognise technology solutions that serve smaller, independent network operators, and the 'Best Mobile Identity, Safeguards and Security Products/Solutions' award that will focus on the concept of mobile identity, a new growth area for physical, digital and online authentication and identification of users. This category also includes awards for innovation across infrastructure and cloud-based technologies, as well as an award for 'Outstanding LTE Contribution', amongst others.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV