By "personally critical," I mean holding Apple to the same type of expectations an overbearing father has for his little leaguer. There's nothing wrong with contributing to the discourse of what might or might not be at Apple. That's just part of what we do as humans and I do as a member of the media. However, as a user of Apple products, I finally stopped obsessing long enough to realize how truly great they are.
Steve Jobs spoiled me, but I have to accept that Tim Cook might be the best foster father I'm ever going to have.
Even if Apple stops at what we have today, there's no way in the world I switch to anything Windows, Android or Blackberry. While something like the Q10 looks attractive, it makes no sense for somebody so entrenched in Apple's ecosystem -- and I mean the hardware first ecosystem -- to bail. Any way you slice it, you would be downgrading if all you have known for the last few years is iOS. Nothing can compare to an iPhone and iPad that only merely evolves.
So I'll speculate about Apple like I normally do. We all need something to distract us from what really matters in life. But I'm no longer going to allow myself to be desensitized to the game changers Apple has already produced even if it's true that we'll never see another.Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV