Jeff Shell Named Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NBCUniversal announced today that Jeff Shell has been named Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group. In his new role, Shell will oversee worldwide operations for the motion picture group including its global theatrical and home entertainment businesses.
The Company also announced that Ron Meyer has been elevated to Vice Chairman, NBCUniversal and has signed a contract extension through 2017. In his new role as NBCUniversal's only Vice Chairman, Meyer will expand his scope to offer strategic guidance on all aspects of the company, while continuing to focus on the motion picture and theme park groups as well as the physical operations of the Studio in Los Angeles.
In addition, Donna Langley was promoted to Chairman, Universal Pictures. Langley will continue to oversee all feature film production and play a critical role in all aspects of Universal Pictures. Her responsibilities also include the studio's specialty division Focus Features.
Shell and Meyer will continue to report to Steve Burke, Chief Executive Officer, NBCUniversal. Langley will report to Shell."First and foremost Jeff is a terrific media executive," said Burke, "I have worked with him for over a decade and have been consistently impressed by his strategic vision, operational focus and energy. In addition, having led NBCUniversal's international operations for the last two and a half years, Jeff is perfectly positioned to lead our film group at a time when global expansion is more important than ever. "In Ron, Jeff and Donna, we have three of the most talented business and creative executives in the industry. I have no doubt their collective strengths will help us continue to maintain our momentum and drive value at the studio."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV