Whiting Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: WLL) today announced that it has priced a public offering of $1.9 billion aggregate principal amount of senior notes consisting of the following:
- $1.1 billion of senior notes that mature on March 15, 2019 and bear interest at an annual rate of 5.000%, and
- $800.0 million of senior notes that mature on March 15, 2021 and bear interest at an annual rate of 5.750%.
Whiting expects to use the net proceeds from this offering to repay all of the debt outstanding under Whiting Oil and Gas Corporation’s credit agreement, to fund its $260.0 million acquisition of Williston Basin assets, to retire its $250.0 million of outstanding 7.0% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2014 on or prior to their maturity on February 1, 2014 and for general corporate purposes including capital expenditures.
Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and BofA Merrill Lynch are the joint book-running managers for the offering.
The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus, which are part of an effective shelf registration statement Whiting filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be obtained from Wells Fargo Securities, LLC by calling (800) 326-5897, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC by calling (866) 803-9204 or BofA Merrill Lynch at 222 Broadway, 11 th Floor, New York, NY 10038, Attention: Prospectus Department, or at email@example.com. An electronic copy of the prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus are available from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov.This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these securities, nor will there be any sale of these securities, in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV