TORONTO, Sept. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation (TSX:AI) announces its monthly cash dividends as shown below.
|Record date||Period||Dividend payable date||Dividend amount per share|
|September 30, 2013||September||October 14, 2013||$0.066667|
|October 31, 2013||October||November 14, 2013||$0.066667|
|November 29, 2013||November||December 13, 2013||$0.066667|
|December 31, 2013||December||January 14, 2014||$0.066667|
|December 31, 2013||Special||March 5, 2014||to be determined|
In addition to its regular monthly dividends, Atrium will pay a special dividend as shown above that will result in it distributing all of its taxable income for the year. The amount of the special dividend will be announced when Atrium reports its results for the year ended December 31, 2013 on February 11, 2014.
Atrium is a Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) as defined in Section 130.1(6) of the Canada Income Tax Act (ITA). Accordingly, the company is not taxed on income provided that its taxable income is paid to its shareholders in the form of dividends within 90 days after December 31 each year. Such dividends are generally treated by shareholders as interest income, so that each shareholder is in the same position as if the mortgage investments made by the company had been made directly by the shareholder. For further information, please refer to regulatory filings available at www.sedar.com and the company's website at www.atriummic.com .About Atrium As a mortgage investment corporation, Atrium is a non-bank provider of residential and commercial mortgages that lends in major urban centres in Canada where the stability and liquidity of real estate are high. Atrium's objectives are to provide its shareholders with stable and secure dividends and preserve shareholders' equity by lending within conservative risk parameters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV