To pique my hunger for more shares of Vodafone, there's even a rumor circulating that it may itself become a takeover target. Some analysts have suggested AT&T (T) may be tempted to acquire Vodafone to expand its business internationally.
In the past, AT&T has mentioned an interest in purchasing European mobile businesses. I'm wondering if AT&T might offer Vodafone a hefty sum for some of its global assets after the Verizon deal closes.
Any way you slice these two pies, the sum of the parts is greater than most of us can wrap our brains around. But before you rush to buy shares of Apple and Vodafone, I have a vital reminder.
I've been concluding my last few articles with a suggestion that it's prudent, no matter how robust the company and its stock, to give yourself some stock market risk management by setting up a trailing stop loss alert for each position you own.If you wonder if you need a trailing stop loss alert on every stock position you own, you will benefit from clicking on the link above and deciding for yourself. The key to success as a stock investor is to buy the best, buy low and have a disciplined exit strategy even before you buy. Stick to your exit strategy no matter what. This investing approach offers you the potential for remarkable upside gains with stocks like Apple and Vodafone while managing your downside risk just in case a worst-case scenario unfolds. At the time of publication the author was long Apple, AT&T and Vodafone. Follow @m8a2r1 This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV