ATRI Seeks Truck Driver Input On HOS Impacts
ARLINGTON, Va., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI) today announced the start of its second phase of data collection on impacts from the recent changes to the Hours-of-Service rules, which went into effect July 1, 2013. ATRI is asking commercial drivers to provide input on the changes through an online survey available on its website, www.atri-online.org. The survey asks drivers about impacts related to miles, pay and on-duty hours since the changes to the 34-hour restart (requirement of two periods between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. and the limit of one restart per 7-day/168-hour time period) and the addition of the 30-minute rest break.
"Earlier this year we released a study quantifying potential impacts from the rules changes. This critical next step in the research will document how those expected changes are being experienced by drivers," commented ATRI President Rebecca Brewster.
ATRI will also initiate data collection from motor carriers to quantify productivity impacts resulting from the rules changes.
Drivers are encouraged to participate in the confidential survey at www.atri-online.org.ATRI is the trucking industry's 501(c)(3) not-for-profit research organization. It is engaged in critical research relating to freight transportation's essential role in maintaining a safe, secure and efficient transportation system. SOURCE American Transportation Research Institute
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV