PVH Corp. (NYSE:PVH) reported 2013 second quarter results.
The discussions of results in this release that refer to non-GAAP amounts exclude the items which are described in this release under the heading “Non-GAAP Exclusions.” Reconciliations of GAAP to non-GAAP amounts are presented later in this release and identify and quantify all excluded items.
Overview of Second Quarter Results:
- On a non-GAAP basis, earnings per share was $1.39, which exceeded the Company’s guidance of $1.35 and the prior year’s second quarter earnings per share of $1.28.
- GAAP loss per share was $(0.20) as compared to the prior year’s second quarter earnings per share of $1.22, driven by the acquisition, integration and restructuring costs associated with the Company’s acquisition of The Warnaco Group, Inc. (“Warnaco”). A significant portion of these costs was non-cash.
- Revenue increased 47% to $1.965 billion, as compared to the prior year’s second quarter. The increase was principally driven by the addition of approximately $507 million of revenue related to the newly acquired Warnaco businesses, net of a reduction in licensing revenue attributable to Warnaco for the prior year. Also contributing to the increase was incremental revenue of $77 million in the Tommy Hilfiger business, $43 million in the pre-acquisition Calvin Klein businesses and $22 million in the pre-acquisition Heritage Brands wholesale businesses, partially offset by a reduction of $13 million in the Heritage Brands Retail business and $8 million attributable to the Izod women’s and Timberland wholesale sportswear businesses that the Company exited in 2012.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts