GREENWICH, Conn., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Starwood Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE: STWD) (the "Company") today announced that it is offering 25,000,000 shares of its common stock in an underwritten public offering. The underwriters will have a 30-day option from the date of the offering to purchase up to an additional 3,750,000 shares from the Company. All of the shares will be issued under the Company's currently effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds received from the offering to originate and purchase additional commercial mortgage loans and other target assets and investments. The Company may also use a portion of the net proceeds for other general corporate purposes, including, but not limited to, the payment of liabilities and other working capital needs.
Citigroup, Deutsche Bank Securities and Wells Fargo Securities will serve as joint book-running managers for the offering.
The offering of these securities may be made only by means of a prospectus and a related prospectus supplement, a copy of which may be obtained by contacting: Citigroup, c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, New York 11717, Tel: 800-831-9146 or e-mail email@example.com; Deutsche Bank Securities, 60 Wall Street, New York, New York 10005-2836, Attention: Prospectus Group, by calling (800) 503-4611, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or Wells Fargo Securities, 375 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10152, Attention: Equity Syndicate Dept., (800) 326-5897 or email@example.com.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any state.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV