CAMBRIDGE, Mass. ( TheStreet) -- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) CEO Chris Garabedian spoke to investors earlier this afternoon at the Morgan Stanley healthcare conference. He provided some incremental updates on the eteplirsen program in Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Here are some of the highlights of Garabedian's investor chat:
-- Sarepta plans to take another set of muscle biopsy samples from the DMD patients in the phase II trial to provide FDA with additional data on dystrophin production. Biotech trader Dan Rosenblum has the right take on what this means:
-- On a related note, Garabedian dissed DMD rivals Prosensa (RNA) and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) by pointing out the "low bar" used by the companies to assess dystrophin production in the "DEMAND-2" study of drisapersen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV