LOS ANGELES, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LEAD, a new breakthrough book serving as the how to manual to be an effective leader, is now available from Gary Burnison, CEO of Korn/Ferry International (NYSE: KFY), a premier global provider of talent management solutions.
Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., LEAD ( www.leadthebook.com) is a concise, quick read, packed with simple, powerful tools that can help turn a career around – a life around. These tips go beyond the workplace and can be applied to lead any group or organization – from a family to a Fortune 500 company – offering potential benefits to anyone who seeks to lead or influence a group of people -- coaches, pastors, teachers, community organizers, politicians, and more.
LEAD readers will find inspiring stories, easy to digest analogies, reflective exercises and evocative images meant to give them pause, draw them in, and encourage introspection.
"LEAD is a different kind of book," said Gary D. Burnison, CEO, Korn/Ferry International. "Rather than being the 'last word' on leading others, it is meant to be the 'first word'—an invitation for readers to reflect on what the leadership journey means to them, as individuals."Harnessing principles Burnison has gleaned and distilled from relationships with some of the world's top executives and world leaders, LEAD explores foundational elements of leadership – making others believe and enabling belief to become reality. Instead of taking the left-brain approach of "paradigm shifts" and "leadership models," Burnison focuses on right-brain constants such as emotional connection, compassion, focusing on others, humility, and managing oneself. "Leadership is more than strategy, it's about purpose, sense and sensibility," said Burnison. "These more intangible skills are critical in an economy where expertise in a specific discipline is no longer the sole key to success."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV