8. -- Twitter has acquired MoPub, a startup that helps mobile publishers manage their ad inventory, TechCrunch reported.
MoPub was acquired for a reported $350 million in stock, TechCrunch reported.
9. -- Verizon (VZ - Get Report) is expected to raise $20 billion or more Wednesday in what would be the largest-ever debt sale by a company, The Wall Street Journal reported. Verizon will sell debt ranging in maturity from three to 30 years. The deal would help fund Verizon's $130 billion buyout of U.S. wireless joint-venture partner Vodafone (VOD).
10. -- Rafael Nadal beat top seed Novak Djokovic, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, 6-1, to win his second US Open and 13th Grand Slam title.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts