NEW YORK, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jeremy Male, an executive with enormous experience in the global outdoor business, has been named to the position of Chief Executive Officer of CBS Outdoor Americas, it was announced today by Leslie Moonves, President and Chief Executive Officer of CBS Corporation. Male will take on his new role effective later this month, reporting to Moonves.
"We are very pleased that Jeremy is joining us at this crucial time for our outdoor business," said Moonves. "Having previously announced a separate agreement to divest our international outdoor business, we are now in the process of creating a new and independent entity that will be comprised of our out-of-home assets in North and South America. Jeremy is the perfect executive to maximize shareholder value in this portion of our operations as we prepare to split off those assets into a new public company. Having a seasoned and dynamic executive like Jeremy at the helm can only add to the strength and direction of this new, independent company, and we very much look forward to the contributions he will make in that regard."
Male has had a long and successful career in senior management positions at a number of highly regarded outdoor companies. Most recently, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of UK, Northern Europe and Australia at JCDecaux SA. He also served as a Member of the Executive Board at JCDecaux SA since October 2000 and is highly regarded within the analyst and investor community. In addition, Male has held a number of positions as a member of executive and supervisory boards of various JCDecaux subsidiary operations.Prior to joining JCDecaux, Male was Director of European Operations for TDI, then a subsidiary of Viacom. Male also held numerous management positions in consumer goods companies such as Jacobs Suchard and Tchibo.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV