3 Stocks Pushing The Drugs Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Allergan ( AGN) is down $0.76 (-0.8%) to $88.45 on light volume. Thus far, 425,923 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $88.36-$89.41 after having opened the day at $89.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.21. Allergan, Inc. operates as a multi-specialty healthcare company primarily in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. Allergan has a market cap of $26.4 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are down 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Allergan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Allergan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Allergan Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts