Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 9/11/13, Sotherly Hotels Inc (SOHO) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.04, payable on 10/11/13. As a percentage of SOHO's recent stock price of $4.46, this dividend works out to approximately 0.90%, so look for shares of Sotherly Hotels Inc to trade 0.90% lower — all else being equal — when SOHO shares open for trading on 9/11/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for SOHO, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.04 declared by Sotherly Hotels Inc:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from SOHO is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 3.59% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward.In Monday trading, Sotherly Hotels Inc shares are currently up about 1.3% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV