- Customizable driver stage: Gate drive supports up to 200 mA of source current per 400 mA of sink current with adjustable slew rate, dead-time and on-time to accommodate application requirements. The device drives external N-channel MOSFETs with a built-in charge pump to provide more design options and a cost-effective solution.
- Smooth motion profile for higher performance: Spins a stepper motor with an integrated micro-stepping indexer capable of up to 1/256 micro-stepping. Adaptive blanking time and various current decay modes, including slow, fast, mixed and auto-mixed decay, achieve a smooth profile to optimize motor performance.
- Internal and external stall-detect feature: Designers can easily detect stall conditions through internal stall detection, or process the optional back electromotive force (BEMF) output to detect stall conditions and take corrective action through the external controller. This allows the designer to minimize a disturbance from a motor stall.
- Easy to use and highly configurable: SPI interface allows the customer to program the output current, micro-stepping mode, current decay mode and stall detection to reduce system complexity and simplify design compared to similar devices.
- Robust, reliable and protected : The DRV8711's protection against motor over-current, pre-driver over-current, over temperature and under voltage fault conditions provides system protection, and enables system reliability and system robustness.
TI Expands Motor Driver Portfolio With Its First Integrated Stepper Motor Pre-driver
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts