Mitek said in its most recent 10-Q filing on Aug. 6 that "The Company does not believe that the results of USAA's claims will have a material adverse effect on its financial condition or results of operations."
Mitek reported a net loss of $2.01 million, or eight cents a share for its fiscal third quarter ended June 30, compared to a loss of $2.00, or eight cents a share, a year earlier. Total revenue increased to $3.88 million in the fiscal third quarter, from $3.16 million in the year-earlier period.
The company raised $17 million through a common share offering during the fiscal third quarter.
From its customer growth, Mitek clearly has momentum for its business. DeBello says the company is "well poised financially to take advantage of the market opportunity before us," adding, "we have a strong customer base and we are unique in the offerings we have." The CEO also touts the company's lack of debt. Cash and equivalents totaled $22.9 million as of June 30.PiperJaffray analyst Michael Grondahl rates Mitek's shares "neutral," with a $5.30 price target. In a note to clients on July 25, Grondahl called the company's third-quarter revenue "solid," but also wrote "We have low confidence in future quarterly revenue but current demand is strong." Grohndahl estimates Mitek's revenue for fiscal 2013 will total $13.8 million, increasing to $18.4 million in fiscal 2014. He estimates the company will lose 30 cents a share during fiscal 2013, with the losses totaling 32 cents a share in fiscal 2014. William Blair analyst Bhavan Suri has a more positive outlook for Mitek, with an "outperform" rating. Suri in a note on July 26 wrote that "given the strong mobile banking and mobile check deposit statistics from the largest U.S. retail banks, notably
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV