Most PowerShares ETFs seek to replicate, before fees and expenses, the performance of the applicable index, and are not actively managed. This means that the sub-advisor will not attempt to take defensive positions in declining markets and the ETF will continue to provide exposure to each of the securities in the index regardless of whether the financial condition of one or more issuers of securities in the index deteriorates. In contrast, if a PowerShares ETF is actively managed, then the sub-advisor has discretion to adjust that PowerShares ETF's holdings in accordance with the ETF's investment objectives and strategies.
ETFs are not diversified investments.
PowerShares Canada is a registered business name of Invesco Canada Ltd.
This piece was produced by Invesco Canada Ltd.Invesco ® and all associated trademarks are trademarks of Invesco Holding Company Limited, used under licence. PowerShares ®, Leading the Intelligent ETF Revolution ® and all associated trademarks are trademarks of Invesco PowerShares Capital Management LLC (Invesco PowerShares), used under licence. © Invesco Canada Ltd., 2013 SOURCE Invesco Canada Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV