SUWANEE, Ga. , Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Sling Media are introducing a new media streaming device that empowers service providers to offer live (up to 4 simultaneous HD channels) and recorded content for a comprehensive multiscreen experience for their subscribers... welcome to TV anywhere.
The ARRIS MS4000 (Media Streamer 4000) is powered by Sling Media technology, and will be available to all service providers deploying the ARRIS Whole Home Solution. The standalone box works with the popular ARRIS MG5000 Media Gateway Series to give subscribers the capability to watch live and recorded content on tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices—in the home and on-the-go.
"Sling Media is a pioneer and leader in content place shifting. The MS4000 is a strategic addition to our evolving follow-me TV portfolio that empowers service providers to keep pace with consumer demand," said John Burke, SVP Corporate Strategy & Development; President Cloud Solutions Business, ARRIS. "The MS4000 combines our joint expertise with the popular Whole Home Solution platform to bring full-featured media streaming solutions to the global stage. Together, ARRIS and Sling Media are empowering service providers to go to market with the kind of media experiences that consumers demand."
A recent Sling Media customer survey found that current users of Sling Media's retail products, the Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500, are better connected and watch more live linear and DVR content to more devices in more places than average consumers—a desirable and increasingly demanding demographic that service providers can now address with the MS4000 platform.
- Live content (sports and primetime shows) is the most watched form of content for Slingbox owners both inside and outside the home
- Nearly two-thirds use their Slingbox frequently, with three-quarters of usage taking place away from home
- Apple tablets and smartphones are the preferred devices for accessing content via a Slingbox
- Streaming to mobile devices (tablet, smartphone, PC/Mac)
- In-home streaming via Wi-Fi
- Support for remote streaming over cellular and WiFi networks
- Support for live TV and access to DVR content
- Up to 4 simultaneous HD streams
- Fully integrated solution incorporating the MOXI UI, MOXI Mobile Application (iOS and Android), and ARRIS Services Portal
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV